How can I certify my ID document

To certify documents, ask a professional person or someone well-respected in your community (‘of good standing’)


  • Bank or building society official
  • Councillor
  • Dentist
  • Solicitor
  • Teacher or lecturer
  • Company director

The person you ask shouldn’t be related to you, living at the same address or in a relationship with you

Ask the person certifying to complete as below 

  • Writing 'Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me' on the document.
  • Signing and dating it.
  • Printing their name under the signature.
  • Adding their occupation, address and telephone number.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us